Through My Eyes 360
360 as in 360* (360 degrees) because I want to share from every angle.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I have never loved my state of New Jersey more than I have since Hurricane Sandy turned us upside down and left so much of the state, especially our coastal & barrier island communities, in ruins.  I've always loved my state, but often we don't know how much until something like this happens.

As much as I love my New Jersey, I don't know if I can do this anymore.  2 hurricanes in 14 months.  One worse than the last.  The stress of preparing and going through these storms is too much.  Seeing what's happened is too much.  I've lived near water my whole life, river, bay, ocean.  But, it's not safe.  Not here anyhow.  Like many others, I think we'll be going back inland.  (When, I don't know, but we have to try).

We, right here, fared with Sandy better than we did last August with Irene and for that we are incredibly thankful.  (Hopefully I can say the same after the Nor'easter that's supposed to hit tomorrow & Thursday). Literally a mile away, closer to the bay, all along the coast, it is not the same case.

I really have no words for what I've seen first hand, through video and photos. I'm stunned and utterly heartbroken.  We all are.  (And in NY as well, as many of their coastal communities are in ruins).  It's so awful.  The New Jersey I've known my whole life, that so many of us born & raised here have known our whole lives is GONE.  Gone.

No comments: