Through My Eyes 360
360 as in 360* (360 degrees) because I want to share from every angle.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow-mageddon The 2nd, Jersey Style

We survived this latest round from Old Man Winter (which was worse than the last) and are already looking towards the next round slated for Monday into Tuesday (groan). I love snow more than most people you know But when most of what falls out of 16"s is Ice, loving it I'm not so much. During the 30 or so hours it precipitated, I lost track of how many times it switched to sleet with a few heavy down pours of rain for good measure. What a Mess! Icicles started hanging off tree branches & power lines by early afternoon yesterday. Very thankfully we didn't lose power! (Others in the immediate area did). We did brownout several times starting around dinner time. What looked like snow this morning was ice in more places than not, like our entire back yard! We're exhausted from headcold's and snow removal. But in all honesty, it could have been worse & we're doing alright all considered. We're born & raised NJeans - this is the stuff of "infamous Jersey Winter's" only we haven't had a Winter like This in roughly more than a decade so we're a little rusty is all. Of course I've got pictures coming! (And yes, I took too many as usual lol!)

No comments: